This webinar took place on October 26 and explored the new Nigerian PVP Act and its potential for agricultural transformation in Nigeria.
The webinar had the following objectives:
- Update stakeholders on the potential of PVP Act to promote increased staple crop productivity for smallholder farmers in Nigeria through investment in plant breeding and crop variety development
- Popularize the PVP Act as an incentive to plant Breeders for the development of new varieties to contribute to sustainable progress in agriculture, horticulture, and forestry.
- Create awareness on progress of the administration and implementation of the PVP System for a better Agricultural Transformation in Nigeria
- Ojogu, Ekum Oba, Agricultural Development & Food Security Expert, NASC
- Dr. Philip Ojo, Director General, NASC
- Mr. Arch Kabiru Ibrahim, President, All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN)
- Dr. Folarin Okelola, STA to DG, NASC
- Prof. Chidozie Egesi, President, Nigerian Plant Breeders Association
- Dr. Hadiza Yaro, Business Development ManagerEast West Seed International
- Mr. Olumide Ibikunle, Commercial Lead, Corteva Agriscience
- Mr. Raoul Haegens, Manager, Naktuinbouw
Full webinar recording: