Putting seed sector transformation at strategy level: experiences from Ghana and Myanmar
Conference session: Tuesday 22 June 11:00 CEST. Join this session as we zoom in on experiences that foster system innovation in seed policy & regulatory frameworks in Ghana and Myanmar.
This session has taken place. A recording will be shared on this website in due course.
Seed sector transformation and integrated seed sector development emerge to many as abstract. When using them to foster system innovation in the seed enabling environment, the policy and regulatory framework, it becomes even more abstract.
In this session, we zoom in on experiences that foster system innovation in the seed policy and regulatory frameworks in Ghana and Myanmar.
We learn from both individual experiences and try to come to some synthesis on how to contribute to changes in policy and regulatory frameworks, the changes necessary to support the development of the sector and thereby ensure that more farmers gain access to and use quality seed of improved varieties.
Key questions will be: What was the setting that allowed you to assume your role to support and facilitate policy innovation? How did you involve stakeholders? How did ISSD and seed sector transformation inspire you? Can you describe the process in four/five steps? What is the change? What are commonalities from both countries?
- Gain understanding how ISSD and GSST frameworks support innovation in seed policy and regulatory systems
- Gain understanding how farmers or seed producers/companies benefit from a better policy or road map? What additional activities were required?
- Identify key obstacles/success factors for implementing good strategies and policies?
- Motivate seed sector stakeholders to engage in such innovation processes
Speakers (pending confirmation)
Joep van den Broek, Director, Resilience B.V.
- Dr. Josiah Wobil, Chairman, National Seed Council, Ghana
- Dr. Abishkar Subedi, Senior Advisor, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation
- Dr. Marja Thijssen, Senior Advisor, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation
Get ready for the discussion