Conference session: Wednesday 23rd June 10:00 CEST. Join this session and help shape a support service to guide strategic investments in Africa’s seed markets.
Session concluded. Recording will be shared here in due course. Subscribe to the ISSD Africa newsletter to stay updated.
Under the ISSD Africa Topic on Creating Demand for Quality Seed, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation and partners are currently exploring the value proposition and minimum viable product for informing commercial investors, like seed companies, and impact investors, like development finance institutes and donors, about the attractiveness of investing in African seed markets.
We do this with the view to generate greater intelligence on these markets, give recommendations for investment decisions and broker connections. Anchoring such a service in Africa is also very much a part of our vision.
During this session we will present our ideas for validation, including our approach to collating and curating information, and hear from a panel of different investors what recommendations and partnerships they need for being decisive and confident in their investments Africa’s seed markets.
We will also gauge their specific interests in predictions about the future, and what would make them trust the power of such predictions. Join this session to follow the conversation and express your points of view on the subject.
- Validate the findings of our research on sources of relevant information and categories for ordering these (like investor type, market archetypes and geography)
- Discuss the minimum viable product for a support service to investors interested in Africa’s seed markets
- Explore the power of prediction and what would make investors trust these predictions more
- Generate interest in our findings and possible support to prototyping service delivery
Gareth Borman, Advisor agric-sector transformation, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI)
- Mr. Elijah Mwashayenyi, East-West Seed Knowledge Transfer, Head of Knowledge Transfer in Africa
- Mr. Sami Khan, CDC Group, Strategy Director for Food and Ag investments
- Dr. Ed Mabaya, TASAI Inc., Chief Scientific Advisor
Get ready for the session